CANDLE CARE + TIPS
OiLilin scented candles are individually hand poured in small batches made from carefully selected and filtered used cooking oil and ecological powdered wax scented with fragrance, which is non-toxic and contains no parabens.
Please follow these guidelines to help you get the most out of your scented candle:
- When lighting the candle for the first time, let it burn until the entire top layer of wax has liquefied to prevent the candle from tunneling and to imprint the candle memory.
- Keep wick trimmed to 0.5 cm to ensure that your candle is burning gently: your candle can burn quicker and smoke if the wick is too long.
- Do not leave your candle burning for more than 3 hours at a time. After you have extinguished the candle, let it cool back to room temperature before relighting it again and trimming the end of the wick.
- Keep the candles away from sunlight and heat sources - candles may melt, lose their scent and discolor when placed in direct sunlight.
- Do not leave your candle burning unattended and place it away from children and pets. Always place your candles on a heat-resistant base and on a stable surface.
- Do note that it is normal for the shade of the candle to change in color and develop a dusty looking layer overtime.
Candle Making Kit Tips:
- Before use, always purify your used cooking oil using a coffee filter or a towel. Avoid the use of burnt oil.
- Let the candle rest for at least 24 hours before using it for the first time. The smell and colour of waste oil you use affect the final quality of the wax.
- When making a candle, use any non-flammable container. Its diameter should be between 4.5 and 5.5 centimetres. You can use the same container more than once.
- If the powder does not melt in the hot oil, simply heat the mixture a while longer. The mixture must be homogeneous and without lumps.